Articles / Property News
Make use of all those hours spent indoors
Too much time on your hands because of self-isolation? Why not make your home spick-and-span!
By: John Leonidou
Published: 2020-03-24 09:00:00
Category: Property News
If self-isolation has left you stuck at home, then here’s some useful tips to keep you busy and get your living space in good shape in the process.
Most of you are tucked away indoors - some with maybe your family, partners and roommates - so you might as well make really good use of what could be oodles of free time ahead.
That is why you should not just go for your run-of-the-mill clean but instead undertake a good seeing-to of appliances, furniture, walls and floors.
First start with a to-do list of all things you want washed, scrubbed and tidied up; then divide the various jobs throughout the week not forgetting to get the kids involved if it has to do with things like washing interior windows.
You can also list all the items and walls around your home that could do with a new lick of paint.
And how about that? A new to-do list and schedule is born.
Here’s some ideas of jobs to do around the house to keep you busy
- Give your garden patio, driveway, light fixtures and patio furniture a good sweep and clean. This is also a great opportunity to clean exterior windows.
- Give those same windows a good clean from the inside.
- Dust down and clean out any cupboards, closets, or the pantry. This would also be a great time to declutter.
- When was the last time you changed filters above the cooker or in the dishwasher, tumble dryer or washing machine? There's no better time than the present! You can also check the furnace and smoke detectors around the home.
- Deep clean your appliances and under the kitchen as well as the showers and bathroom sinks.