Articles / Property News
Great decor ideas to liven up your home
The cold winter and blustery winds won't be here forever. Now is a great time to breathe some new life into your home
By: John Leonidou
Published: 2020-02-11 10:00:00
Category: Property News
There is something about the fresh colours of spring and its gorgeous blooms that make spring decorating just as wonderful as Christmas decorating.
With those cold winter days well and truly behind us and summer on the horizon, spring is very often associated with new beginnings and a time open those drapes and windows.
We’ve come up with SIX brilliant - and yet simple - ways to spring new life into your home.
1. Declutter - The first and most important step in spring decorating is to declutter your home. Getting rid of unwanted things like clothes, toys and old furniture is a great way to start. It may not be the funnest part but it’s certainly worth it in the end. Once you have decluttered, then you can shift your attention to the real fun bit - adding a touch of spring. It’s also a great opportunity to banish all those winter boots and thick coats to the attic or garage.
2. A touch of yellow - This may seem so simple but bringing in a touch of yellow will really brighten a room. Lemons are also a great way to go in your kitchen as they are a cheap accessory that can be placed into a large white bowl or tall glass vase. Daffodils can have an equal effect in other rooms.
3. Add some flowers - Speaking of daffodils, all flowers will bloom outdoors so why not make a habit of bringing some indoors as well? All fresh flowers can spruce a room and really bring it to life with colours and fragrant smells.
4. Bring in some fresh linens and cushion cases - Another great way to bring spring into a room is by changing the pillow and cushion cases. Flower patterns are a great way to go and, of course, anything bright is always a big plus.
5. Don’t neglect the fireplace - Winter may be over so roaring fireplaces maybe put on hold but that doesn’t mean that the fireplace doesn’t still have a use. Sweep away the ashes and fill up your fireplaces with pretty decorations like candles, flowers or perhaps some pretty logs for show. You could also just cover it with a pretty-looking shield or screen.
6. The smell of spring - Flowers are not the only great way to add that lovely smell of spring to your home. Essential oils - such as grapefruit, lemon or lavender - are a must and can really breathe new life into a room.