Articles / Property News
Give life back to your kitchen
Is it time for a fresh new look for your kitchen? Here are five easy and affordable tips!
By: John Leonidou
Published: 2020-02-25 09:00:00
Category: Property News
Could your kitchen do with a bit of brightening up?
Here’s some cheap and cheerful tricks to give it a new lease of life.
If you’re starting to wonder if your kitchen is beginning to look a little dated then you’re probably right.
Being the hub of the home and, for many, a place of creativity and inspiration, it’s so important that it’s kept refreshed, tidy and comfortable.
A good kitchen brings people together more than any other room, and also sets the tone for the overall design of a home.
Here are some great ways to add some extra spice to your kitchen without necessarily digging deep into your pockets:
1. Bright accents - A something as simple as a colour change can really make a world of difference to your kitchen. A bright pop of colour - such as yellow flowers or a bright wall hanging, can transform any space from drab into sophisticated and happy. Don’t over do it though so the overall aesthetic remains is clutter-free.
2. Sunny-coloured walls - Those looking to get in early with summer inspiration for their kitchen can’t go wrong with a splash of yellow for the walls. Yellow is great for the kitchen because it’s a warm shade that radiates a brightness to any living space. There are also many different shades of yellow meaning the walls can be bright and loud or quiet and chilled. Not crazy about yellow? You can also go with aquamarine or even a fresh splash of white.
3. Recessed lighting for dramatic effect - Recessed lighting can really give your kitchen a stunning new look and feel. These lighting fixtures are also ideal for smaller kitchens and can be hung from the ceiling or even underneath hanging cabinets to really add some light to those dark spaces and corners.
4. Getting new kitchen countertops - Kitchen countertops are both aesthetically pleasing and practical but will still show their age over time regardless of the toughness of the material. A decent countertop will make your kitchen even easier to maintain and can also be an important design element too. Make sure the material and colour is in sync with the rest of your kitchen. Light-colored granite, laminate or marble are always great choices.
5. Freshening up the cabinets - Light and bright cabinets are always a great way to liven up your kitchen. If you’re going to be installing new ones, go for white or light wood like oak. But even if you’re not keen on overhauling all of your cabinets, a lick of paint can certainly do wonders. There is even the option of keeping the cabinet boxes but replacing the draws.