4 bed Detached House
High Street, Bridge, Canterbury, Kent, CT4
This individually styled home, of brick construction with brick patterns, cedar cladding and slate tile roof, is conveniently positioned in a tucked away location set back from the High Street. Built to a particularly high specification with quality materials, craftsmanship and attention to detail by a well regarded Developer.
The style evokes a mixture of Victorian, Arts & Craft and contemporary flare which marry together to provide a well thought out, sophisticated, spacious and flexible family home in a very popular and sought after village.
- Entrance Hall, accessed via a striking oversize oak Arts & Craft style 'sunbeam' front door, opening to the spacious hall with attractive parquet flooring and impressive wide oak staircase with solid treads.
- Sitting room, generous size, windows and doors to three aspects, attractive timber sage window frames and cills and crittall effect French doors, working chimney to accommodate a woodburner with black slate hearth and oak mantle.
- Kitchen/Dining/Living Area, stylish contemporary kitchen with a full range of sage base and wall mounted cabinets with soft closing doors, brass sink, central island, stylish lighting, contrasting dusky pink double door pantry, attractive quartz worktops, integrated AEG appliances to include fridge, freezer, hob with built-in extractor, oven, microwave and dishwasher, Electrolux wine cooler, parquet flooring which sweep through to the dining/living area. Full height glass crittall effect French doors allowing light to flood though and leading onto the expansive rear garden via a sun terrace providing a seamless indoor/outdoor flow.
- Utility, single sink with cupboard housing water softener, space for washing machine and dryer and door to garden.
- Cloakroom, white basin, WC, porcelain tile floor.
- Study/Dining Room, flexible space for separate dining room or study, windows to front of property.
- Landing, wide with tall picture window overlooking front garden.
- Master bedroom, with built-in wardrobes along one side with mirror and smoke doors. Stylish En-Suite Shower Room with porcelain oval sink, dramatic crittall effect shower screen, decorative tiles, porcelain tile flooring.
- Bedroom 2, double, built-in wardrobes with mirror and smoke doors.
- Bedroom 3, double with windows to the front of the property.
- Bedroom 4, double with triple windows to rear garden.
- Family Bathroom, stylish black and white design with bath for showering, back to wall WC, oversize sink, partly tiled, porcelain tile floor.
- Gardens, south west facing, generous size, established trees to include Yew, Sycamore and Lime, raised terraces on which to enjoy the tranquility of the garden, enclosed by a fence boundary.
- Double Garage with flexible accommodation above, electric operated sectional garage door, light & power. Separate WC, fire protected area for ancillary accommodation above, ideal for home office/games room.
- Parking, for several cars.
Hideaway is situated in the popular village of Bridge which offers a good range of local shops and amenities including the highly regarded primary school, health centre and tennis courts. Educational facilities in Canterbury include an extensive choice of schools in the independent sector including King's, St. Edmunds & Kent College together with the well regarded Simon Langton Boys & Girls Grammar schools and other state schools, colleges and universities.
Canterbury City has many cultural interests and leisure amenities including the Marlowe theatre, Cathedral, Museums, excellent shopping centre and a wide choice of sports facilities with the home of Kent cricket at The Spitfire Ground St. Lawrence, renowned Golf club & Polo Farm sports centre.
Access to the property is off Bridge High Street via a shared tarmac driveway leading to the entrance, with two piers and low level wall with double garage and accommodation above with pathway leading to the entrance via attractive granite effect block paving.
The south west garden is mainly laid to lawn sweeping around the property with attractive raised sun terraces and established trees providing a wonderful woodland feel along with flower and shrub borders enclosed by a fence boundary.
Take the A2 towards Dover, having passed Canterbury take the slip road signed "Bridge". Turn right and continue onto Town Hill. Turn left onto the High Street and Hideaway, 23a High Street, will be found further on the left hand side, in the centre of the village.
- Services: All mains services connected. Underfloor Heating throughout. Air Source Heat Pump.
- Local Authority: Canterbury City Council
- Council Tax band: "G" (2022/23)
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
- Warranty: Build-Zone 10 years.
- Some specifications mentioned in the details are proposed and therefore could be subject to change.
- There are some outstanding items still be completed in due course.