5 bed Detached House
Bekesbourne Lane, Bekesbourne, Canterbury, Kent, CT4
St Quentin is a fabulous and most impressive newly built architecturally designed home, offering a 10-year New Home Warranty. Construction is of brick with black weatherboard façade and boasts beautifully crafted windows and doors with a tiled roof.
The property is built to an extremely high standard and specification, using the best materials and craftsmanship to create a superbly flexible and spacious family home of about 4,000 sq ft. This home is well suited for home working.
Internal features include ceramic tiled flooring with underfloor heating to the ground floor, complemented with radiators to the first floor. A beautifully fitted bespoke kitchen is the heart of a most impressive open plan family dining living area. The principal bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, separate dressing room and a balcony with stunning views over the landscaped garden and adjoining farmland. In addition, there are four generous bedrooms, two having en-suites facilities along with an attractively finished family bathroom.
- Entrance hall, tiled floor, stairs to first floor.
- Atrium, vaulted ceiling, opening to the gallery landing, full
height glazed windows, ceramic tiled flooring.
- Study, exposed brick feature wall.
- Open plan Kitchen/Dining/Family room, bespoke fitted kitchen with attractive wooden and quartz worksurfaces,
integrated appliances to include, Rangemaster cooker, microwave, dishwasher, dual temperature wine fridge, American style fridge-freezer, Butler sink, central island
with quartz worktop, walk-in larder and ceramic tiled flooring which sweeps through to the dining and family area.
- Sitting room, double aspect.
- Ground Floor Guest bedroom 5 with en-suite bathroom.
- Utility room, base & wall mounted cabinets, tiled flooring.
- First floor galleried landing with built-in cupboards.
- Master Bedroom Suite, vaulted ceiling, full height glazed windows and doors opening onto a balcony with lovely views over the gardens and adjoining farmland.
- Dressing room, Velux windows.
- En-suite Bathroom, of contemporary design, complemented by attractive tiling.
- Three further double bedrooms.
- Family bathroom, stylishly finished and tiled.
- Triple garage, external stairs lead to storage space above.
- Gardens of about an acre (landscaping in progress).
- 10-year New Home Warranty.
St Quentin is situated a little over 2.5 miles to the South East of Canterbury in a semi-rural location. The neighbouring villages of Littlebourne and Bridge offer local amenities and primary schools.
The historic City of Canterbury is nearby with a wide range of amenities, many cultural interests, excellent shopping centre, good choice of schools in both the private and state sectors, colleges and universities. Recreational facilities in and around the area include sport centres, swimming pools, Polo Farm Sports Ground (offering Tennis, Cricket & Hockey) and a good range of golf courses, Championship Cricket at Canterbury with fishing and water sports found along the coast.
Connections are excellent with train services operating from the nearby Bekesbourne station into Canterbury and Dover Priory. Canterbury has two mainline railway stations with Canterbury West operating high-speed train services into London (around 57 minutes). The A2 is easily accessible by-passing Canterbury and provides links into other motorway networks.
The port of Dover and Channel Tunnel at Cheriton both offer services to the continent.
Entry to the property is via Bekesbourne Lane. Automatic gates lead to a three car garage and gravelled parking area providing further parking. The house sits well within its plot. The gardens sweep around the property, with lawns, mature trees and shrubs, herbaceous borders, perennial and annual plants. Within the grounds there are various potting and storage sheds, greenhouse, sun terraces, vegetables beds and outside lighting, all enclosed with a tree and hedge boundary.
The garage is detached with two open cart and one enclosed garage, external stairs lead to a storage space with triple Velux windows, power and light. This space could be converted into a studio (subject to the necessary Planning Consents).
From Canterbury follow signs to the A257 towards Sandwich. Continue straight for approximately a mile opposite Canterbury Golf Club take a right into Bekesbourne Lane. Follow the lane for approximately a mile passing the Nursing Home on your right and St Quentin will be found a little further, on the left-hand side.
- Services: Main water, electricity, LPG for heating and hot water.
- Local Authority: Canterbury City Council
- Council Tax band (2020/21): TBA
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Note: Some images have been 'digitally enhanced'.