3 bed Detached House
Henbury Manor, Elham, Canterbury, Kent, CT4
AN ATTRACTIVE LINKED DETACHED 3 BEDROOM EXECUTIVE HOME FORMING PART OF A SMALL COURTYARD DEVELOPMENT SET IN A RURAL POSITION OF NORTH ELHAM AN AREA OF OUTSTANDING NATURAL BEAUTY.
The Forge is a lovely linked detached home built in 2012 by the well known and reputable developers Pentland Homes. The property forms part of a small executive development of six homes in a court yard setting.
The property is designed to a very high specification with attractive red brick, central door case and hood, wooden shutters, and double glazed windows, high ceilings to first floor, all under a tiled pitched roof.
Internally the property boast many modern features such as under floor heating complimented to the ground floor with porcelain tiled flooring, wired for Bang and Olufsen surround sound music system, burglar and security alarm, air source heat pump system and landscaped gardens.
- Entrance Hall stairs to first floor, porcelain tiled flooring, under stair storage cupboard,
- WC with low level WC and hand basin.
- Sitting room spacious double aspect room with double glazed French doors opening onto the garden.
- Kitchen/Dining room high specification, high gloss kitchen matching base and wall mounted cabinets granite work surfaces , integrated appliances to include, wine cooler, induction hob, double electric oven with microwave, water softener, skirting and under work top lighting, porcelain tiled flooring to sweeps through to dining area along with French doors that open onto the garden.
- First floor galleried landing
- Master bedroom has a range of built in wardrobes, dressing area and en suite shower room.
- Bedroom 2 with fitted wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3 with views of the rear garden.
- Family bathroom is beautifully presented with twin hand basin set on an attractive vanity unit, panelled bath with shower above and low level WC
- Garage plus additional car parking for 3 cars
- Gardens landscaped
The property is approach via a gravelled tree lined private drive leading to the court yard setting.
To the front of the property is block paving which provided additional parking, well stocked flower borders, double timber gates open to rear gardens.
The Forge is situated in the heart of a Conservation Area and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the picturesque village of Elham. The village offers a wide range of amenities including general store, post office, public houses/ restaurants, doctor's surgery, primary school, the beautiful 12th Century St Margaret's Church, and a new village hall with floodlit tennis courts and super children's play area. A regular bus service operates to the Cathedral City of Canterbury, which offers many fascinating cultural interests, an excellent shopping centre, and a wide range of schools in the private and state sectors, including the Simon Langton Grammar Schools for Girls and Boys, colleges and universities. Grammar schools can also be found at Folkestone. To the south is the Channel Tunnel Terminal at Cheriton and the town of Folkestone having mainline railway services to London St. Pancras with journey times of approximately 58 minutes. Ashford Int'l also operates the high speed train to London St. Pancras in 38 minutes.
Rear gardens sweep round the property with various sun terrace and decking area, lawns, well stocked flower borders, summer house, fence and tree lined boundary
- Services: Mains water, electricity, private communal drainage system.
- Local Authority: Folkestone and Hythe district council
- Council Tax band (2018/19): F
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
We understand that there is a service charge for the communal areas and private drainage system of approximately £600.00 a year however 2020 there will be no charge.
Head out of Canterbury via the A2, towards Dover and exit via the slip road for Barham. Turn right and then left signposted 'Kingston & Barham'. Continue along the valley road, and just before the village of Elham turn left signed posted for North Elham, continue straight for approximately a mile and at the cross roads you'll see a house on the left called the Henbury Lodge, head through onto the private drive which will bring you into the courtyard, The Forge will be found in the left hand corner.
3 Double Bedrooms
2 Reception Rooms
Courtyard Setting Rural Position